- American Legion - 7 miles east of Towanda.
- Girl Scout Camp - South on Towakoni Road.
- Senior Citizens Center -Towanda.
See City Hall for reservations.
- Fishing & Boating
- Augusta Fishing Lake - 7 miles south of Towanda.
- Butler State Fishing Lake - 35 miles southeast of Towanda.
- El Dorado Reservoir - 25 miles northeast of Towanda.
- Santa Fe Lake - 7 miles south, 2 east, of Towanda.
- American Legion Golf Course - 7 miles east in El Dorado
- Augusta Country Club Golf Course - 9 miles south in Augusta
- El Dorado Country Club & Golf Course - 9 miles east in El Dorado
- Circle High School Library At Circle High School.
- Towanda Public Library 620 Highland 536-2464
- Augusta Public Library - 9 miles south in Augusta
- Bradford Memorial Library - 9 miles east in El Dorado
- Library Park - Adjacent to the Library on Highland Street; Gazebo, covered shelter, playground equipment.
See City Hall for shelter reservations.
- South City Park - South of town on River Valley Road south of the railroad tracks. Swimming pool in season, covered shelter, playground equipment, baseball fields, outside basketball court.
See City Hall for shelter reservations and baseball field availability.
- Shooting Sports
- Michael Murphy & Sons - Augusta. Sporting Clays and gun sales.
- Lynbrooke Sporting Clays -Augusta. Sporting Clays and gun sales.
- Towanda City Pool - 536-8949 (Summertime Only) Located in South City Park -
Open summer season only. Available for evening private parties. Contact the pool manager during business hours for availability information.
- Circle High School - for public use.
- Circle High School - Rubberized walking track, for public use.
City of Towanda (316) 536-2243 110 S. Third, Towanda, KS 67144
Explore more about
or visit other Kansas
Cities & Towns
||Visit the Home Page for Kansas
A service of the Kansas State Library
© Copyright 1998
Towanda Public Library