Attractions in and around
Depot in Downtown Strong City
- Strong City Depot, a brick depot trimmed in native cut limestone, was built in 1913 because of very heavy passenger and freight traffic.
- The 1881 Z-Bar ranch (also known as the Spring Hill Ranch) is located just 2 miles from Strong City on our nation's newest National Park, Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve. The ranch, with a wonderful stone house and famous outhouse, has 11,000 never-ploughed acres of prairie that form the heart of the prairie park. The National Park Trust operates the property.
- On June 10, 2006, The Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve hosted the inaugural concent of the Symphony in the Flint Hills. The outdoor concert included Grasslands: Prairie Voices, a 13-movement symphony with orators, an 80 piece orchestra and 100 member chorus. The concert, which sold out, was unique and unforgettable music experience in the heart of the Flint Hills of Kansas.
132 Year Old Chase County Courthouse
- In Cottonwood Falls, about a mile from Strong City, this stately building of native limestone and walnut is the oldest courthouse in Kansas. It replaced the first log cabin courthouse in 1873. Tours are available.
Chase County Historical Museum
- This building was constructed of native limestone in 1882 and contains history of Chase County and the Flint Hills area. Located in Cottonwood Falls.
- Located in Cottonwood Falls, this native limestone building was built to house the Roniger collection of Indian artifacts and other Chase County historical articles. The Roniger Brothers' collection of arrowheads is considered one of the largest individual collections in Kansas.
Knute Rockne Memorial
- Located 11 miles south of Strong City is the exact site of the fatal airplane crash that took the life of Notre Dame football coach, Knute Rockne, in March 1931.
Calendar Churches Dining Education Events Government
Health Care History Lodging Recreation Shopping Utilities Theatre
City of Strong City email@example.com
4th and Chase, P.O. Box 208 / Strong City, KS 66869
620-273-6345 FAX: 620-273-6110
|Visit the Home Page for Kansas
A service of the Kansas State Library
City of Strong City