► Industry &
► Lodging/RV Parks
► Personal Services
June 2013 Events
May 31 & June 1, 2013 - Big Blue BBQ Championship
- The 7th annual Big Blue BBQ Championship, presented by Marysville Main Street, will be held on May 31 & June 1 in
downtown Marysville. Check-in begins at 9 a.m. on Friday, May 31, with Meat Inspections beginning at 11 a.m. The
Cooks Meeting is scheduled for 5 p.m. On Saturday, June 1, judging begins at 12 p.m. and the Awards Banquet is
scheduled for 5 p.m. Space is limited. For more information and rules visit the website
May 31 & June 1, 2013 - Footloose Dance Recital
- The annual Footloose Dance Recital will be held on May 31st & June 1st at 7 p.m. in the
MHS Auditorium. Dancers range in age from 3 to 18 years old.
June 1, 2013 - Marysville Autofest
- The 23nd annual Marysville Autofest is scheduled for June 1st in downtown Marysville. Registration will be from
9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Showtime is from 12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Special features will be a 50/50 pot, event t-shirts, food vendors,
and free pool passes for participants & family. For more information contact Al at 785-336-1781 or Dave at 785-562-5000 or Bill at 402-239-2971.
June 1, 2013 - Rib Run
- The 3rd Annual Big Blue River Days RIB RUN, sponsored by the CMH Foundation, will be held on Saturday, June 1st. Enjoy a 5K Run, 10K Run or 1 mile Walk/Run beginning at the
Koester Block Park at 9th & Elm Street in Marysville. Food, beverages, drawings & more will be at the finish line. Download an
entry form or register
on-line by May 23rd at the Early Bird Rate.
June 1-8-15-22-29, 2013 - Farmers Market
- The local Farmers Market will be open for business every Saturday in June from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. in historic downtown Marysville.
You'll find a large selection of baked goods, locally grown foods, plants and handmade crafts at the market. Vendors must
register with Marysville Sports & Recreation. For more information call 785-562-6818. NOTE On June 1st, the market will
be located just west of the Lee Dam Center for Fine Art.
June 2, 2013 - Jolly Jogathon Track Meet
- The 35th Annual Jolly Jogathon Track Meet, sponsored by the City of Marysville, Marysville Sports & Recreation,
and Marysville Health & Fitness is schedule for June 2nd at Homer Hanson Stadium in Marysville. Registration
for Field events is from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon, with events starting at 12:00 noon. Registration for running
events is from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., with events starting at 3:00 p.m. For a list of Jolly Jogathon Records
and age brackets, click here. For more information.
contact Cleve Walstrom at 785-562-3050 (home) or 785-562-3021 (work).
June 5-12-19-26, 2013 - Luncheon Music at the Koester House Museum
- Bring your lunch with you to the Koester House Museum at noon every Wednesday in June from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Relax and enjoy ambient music with your lunch.
Some tables and chairs and a few blankets will be set up, and you are welcome to bring your own chair or blanket.
June 6, 2013 - Boy Scout Chicken Barbeque
- The annual Boy Scout Chicken Barbeque will be held Thursday, June 6th at the American Legion Club.
Advance tickets will be available from any boy scout.
June 6-13-20-27, 2013 - Marshall County Community Band Performances
- The Marshall County Community Band will have a series of concerts in June and July. Each concert will feature new music, audience participation,
and there will be raffles, prizes, and food to enjoy as well. Join us at the 7 p.m. each evening at the Koester House Museum Gardens. Their schedule is as follows:
June 6 - Crayola 64
June 13 - Hollywood
June 20 - Up, Up & Away
June 27 - Americana
June 8, 2013 - Kiwanis Classic Baseball Tournament
- The Kiwanis Classic Baseball Tournament is scheduled for Saturday, June 8th at Feldhausen Field. This
tournament is for ages 10 & under and 12 & under. Enjoy a day of great baseball! For more information
contact Keith Vacha at 785-713-1535 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
June 14, 2013 - Pony Express Catbackers Golf Tournament, Dinner & Auction
- The 21st Annual Pony Express Catbackers Golf Tournament, Dinner & Auction will be held on
Friday, June 14th in Marysville. The Golf Tournament will be held at the Marysville Country
Club. The dinner and auction will be at the Marysville American Legion beginning at
5:30 p.m. Advance reservations are required. For more information contact
Bob Ferris at 785-562-6620 or Lynn Mayer at 785-562-2186.
June 14-15-16, 2013 - American Legion Classic Baseball Tournament
- The Annual American Legion Classic Baseball Tournament will be held June 14, 15 & 16 in Marysville.
Come enjoy 3 days of great baseball! For more information contact Greg Scheele at 785-562-2604.
June 15, 2013 - James Cristy Cole Circus
- The circus is coming to town! and they will be in the Marysville City Park for 2 performances - 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. Featuring live
animals, the James Cristy Cole Circus performs at the Nebraska Shrine Circus, and will make a stop in Marysville. Advance tickets can be
purchased at City Hall and the Marysville Chamber of Commerce.
Advance Tickets: Children 3 & under - free; Children 4-12 - $4.00; Adults - $10.00
At the door: Children 4-12 - $6.00; Adults - $12.00
June 16, 2013 - Father's Day Luncheon
- Treat Dad to lunch at the American Legion Club from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. Pacha by the Pound will be serving Brisket & Burnt Ends, Glazed Pork, Competition Beans,
Texas Toast and Fresh Strawberry Salad for $10.00 per person.
June 18, 2013 - Pony Express Re-Ride
- The annual Pony Express Re-Ride from St. Joseph, MO to Sacramento, CA will come through Marysville on June 18th at approximately 4:15 a.m.. Over 600 riders
will take part in this 10 day, 24 hour a day event. Each rider will take the Pony Express Oath, and be issued a commemorative Bible
in the tradition of Russell, Majors and Waddell. Please join us in welcoming them as they change riders at the Pony Express Home
Station in Marysville. Arrive early, as arrival times can sometimes vary 1 hour either way. Don't miss your chance to witness this historic event!
June 21, 2013 - Marshall County Relay for Life
- The annual Marshall County Relay for Life will be held June 21st in Marysville. For more information