► Industry &
► Lodging/RV Parks
► Personal Services
July 2013 Events
July 4, 2013 - Walk-Ride-Run 4th
- Head to the Blue River Rail Trail on the 4th of July for Walk-Ride-Run 4th, that begins a 9 a.m. Enjoy a 1.5 mile Run/Walk; a 3.1 mile (5K) Run/Walk/Bike; or
a 10 mile Run/Bike. Registration is $20.00 per person or $50.00 per family (parents and children 16 & under). T-shirts are guaranteed to all participants registered by
June 20, 2013. On-site registration is available. This is not a timed event, just a fun way to start off your 4th of July and enjoy the Blue River Rail
Trail. Registration Forms can be downloaded and are also available at Marysville Health & Fitness and Marysville
Chamber of Commerce. Water and light snacks will be provided for participants and music will be provided by John Price. Walk-Ride-Run 4th is sponsored by the
Blue River Rail Trail, Marysville Health & Fitness and Community Memorial Healthcare.
July 4, 2012 - Historic Re-enactor Nolan Sump & Sing-along
- Head to the Koester House Museum Gardens at 3:30 p.m. where historic re-enactor Nolan Sump will tell stories from a German immigrant farm boy. The show is aimed at
children but entertaining for all ages. Sump is a school teacher and performs at events with a tie to history. His stories are whimsical and humorous. Paul
Kessinger will give a short program of guitar and singing and lead a sing-along of old tunes following Sump's program.
July 4, 2012 - Ann Zimmerman in Concert
- Celebrate the 4th of July with Kansas singer and songwriter, Ann Zimmerman. Ann sings the prairie into universal language. Her music celebrates the joy,
sorrow, grandeur and silliness of life, especially life on the windy plains. She backs her rich voice with piano, guitar and the audience iteself. Blending
old and new traditions with her own award-winning songs, Ann's concerts tell stories and paints portraits, brilliantly-colored and unexpected, sharpened by an irresistible
stage presence, and is enjoyed by all ages. Ann Zimmerman will be performing from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Koester Block Park, 9th & Elm Street. Bring your lawnchair or blanket and enjoy a wonderful
performance! Homemade pie, ice cream and drinks will be available at the Santa House. Sponsored by Marysville Chamber of Commerce.
July 4, 2013 - Fourth of July Fireworks
- Bring the family and head to Lakeview Sports Complex to watch the 4th of July fireworks. At approximately 9:45 p.m. sit back and watch the sky as the
fireworks display begins. The fireworks are sponsored by the City of Marysville.
July 6-13-20-27, 2013 - Farmers Market
- The local Farmers Market will be open for business every Saturday in July from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. in historic downtown Marysville.
You'll find a large selection of baked goods, locally grown foods, plants and handmade crafts at the market. Vendors must
register with Marysville Sports & Recreation. For more information call 785-562-6818 or 785-562-2424.
July 11-18, 2013 - Marshall County Community Band Performances
- The Marshall County Community Band will have 2 more concerts in July. Each concert will feature new music, audience participation,
and there will be raffles, prizes, and food to enjoy as well. Join us at the 7 p.m. each evening at the Koester House Museum Gardens. Their schedule is as follows:
July 11 - At the Zoo
July 18 - Request/Encore Night
July 14, 2013 - Marshall County Fair Parade
- The Marshall County Fair Parade will be Sunday, July 14th in Blue Rapids, KS, beginning at 6:00 p.m. After the parade,
check out the many 4-H projects and activities at the fair. The Marshall County Fair runs from July 12-17.
July 25-28, 2013 - M-Act presents "Into the Woods"
- An ambivalent Cinderella? A blood-thirsty Little Red Ridinghood? A Prince Charming with a roving eye? A Witch ... who raps? They are all among the
cockeyed characters in James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim's fractured fairy tale. When a Baker and his wife learn they have been cursed with childlessness by the Witch next door,
they embark on a quest for the special objects required to break the spell, swindling, lying to and stealing from Cinderella, Little Red Ridinghood, Rapunzel and Jack.
Everyone's wish is granted at the end of Act One but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later, with disastrous results. What begins as a lively irreverent
fantasy becomes a moving lesson about community responsibilities and the stories we tell our children. Show times are 7:30 p.m. on July 25,26,27 and at 2 p.m. on July 28 at
the Marysville High School Auditorium. Marysville Area Community Theatre is in its 31st season in Marysville!
July 26-27, 2013 - Marysville Sidewalk Sale
- Join us downtown Marysville for the annual Sidewalk Sale, with lots of great bargains! Check out the many specials and all the
bargains as area merchants make room for their new fall merchandise. Most store will open early!