► Industry &
► Lodging/RV Parks
► Personal Services
August 2013 Events
August 3, 2013 - Salsa Making Contest
- Join us at the Farmers Market, 7th & Broadway, for a Salsa Making Contest from 9-11 a.m.! There is no entry fee or pre-registration. Contestants
must supply 1 pint of salsa. Categories are Fresh, Canned and Fruit. Judging will be on appearance, taste and texture. Prizes will be awarded. Also
featured will be demonstrations of various salsa-making tips! For more information call Brian at 785-562-6818.
August 3-10-17-24-31, 2013 - Farmers Market
- The local Farmers Market will be open for business every Saturday in August from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. in historic downtown Marysville.
You'll find a large selection of baked goods, locally grown foods, plants and handmade crafts at the market. Vendors must
register with Marysville Sports & Recreation. For more information call 785-562-6818.
August 3, 2013 - Dualing Pianos
- Dualing Pianos will be at the American Legion Club! Reservations are required by calling 785-562-5584. A table for 10 is $300.00,
which includes dinner and dualing pianos! Social Hour is at 6:30 p.m.; Dinner catered by Deke's at 7:30 p.m. and Dualing Pianos at 8:30 p.m.
August 5-7, 2013 - Creative Dramatics Workshop
- A creative dramatics class is a fun way to grow imaginations and learn basic theatre skills. This fun workshop is for children in
Grades 1-6 and will be held at the Lee Dam Center for Fine Art. Space is limited. Call 785-562-2981 to pre-register. Sponsored by
the Marshall County Arts Cooperative, Marysville Area Community Theatre, and Landmark Enterprises.
August 11, 2013 - St. Gregory's Church Bazaar
- The annual St. Gregory's Church Bazaar will be held on Sunday, August 11th in Marysville beginning around
4 p.m. Come enjoy the many games for kids and adults, including air conditioned BINGO! Enjoy a wonderful meal in the
church hall or have a hamburger or polish sausage at the outdoor food stand. Make it a great
August 22, 2013 - Jam Session
- Head the the American Legion from 6-9 p.m. for some great music! Bring your instrument or just come and listen. Local musicians coming together to make
August 24, 2013 - Swinging Fore the Arts
- The Marshall County Arts Cooperative will sponsor "Swining Fore the Arts", a 3-man scramble benefiting the Arts Cooperative. In addition to the usual elements you
find at a golf tournament, they will add some artistic touches to make the tournament unique. Both serious golfers and recreational golfers will enjoy this event.
Cost is $75.00 per golfer, which includes green fees, lunch, dinner, flag prizes, mulligans and live music. Register early as the tournament is limited to the first 20 teams
to register. Don't golf? Individual tickets are available for dinner, the dessert bar and band (Bud Heavy & the High Lifes, a blues band from Lincoln, NE). For more
information and to register contact Brian Cook at 785-268-0841 or Brian Kracht at 785-562-6884.
August 26, 2013 - League Bowling Information Meeting
- Fall leagues are now forming at Landoll Lanes! A league development and association meeting will be held at Landoll Lanes on Monday, August 26th at 6:30 p.m.
in the meeting room. Come and enjoy hors d'oeuvres compliments of Landoll Lanes during the meeting. For more information or if you cannot attend, please
call Rex at 785-713-2999 or Dan at Landoll Lanes, 785-619-6111.
August 30, 2013 - Cover Crops Breakfast & Workshop
- Cover crops provide high quality forage and increase economic return to the farm enterprise. Join us at the Marysville City Hall from 7:30-10:00 a.m. for an
educational meeting with biscuits & gravy included! Workshop will be presented by Dale Strickler, Agronomist Star Seed. No RSVP needed. For more information
contact Mary Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org (785-562-8726) or Barbara Donovan at email@example.com