► Industry &
► Lodging/RV Parks
► Personal Services
April 2013 Events
April 4, 2013 - Spring Salad Supper
- The 2nd Annual Beta Sigma Phi Spring Salad Supper will feature quilting at its best by the Marshall
County Quilt Divas beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Helvering Center 36 different salads and delicious homemade breads will be served and
cookbooks featuring those recipes will be available for purchase. Advance tickets are $7.00 and available at the
Marysville Chamber of Commerce or from any Preceptor Zeta Chapter member. Proceeds benefit community projects.
April 7, 2013 - Marshall County Community Choir Spring Concert
- "Celebrate" will be the theme for the spring concert presented by the Marshall County Community Choir. If you love music,
you won't want to miss this talented group. Join us at 3:00 p.m. at the First Christian Church in Marysville. The concert is free, but donations are accepted.
April 12-13-14, 2013 - M-Act presents "Nunset Boulevard"
- The Little Sisters of Hoboken are back for another installment in the Nunsense saga. The sisters have been
invited to sing at the famed Hollywood Bowl. They are thrilled at the prospect until they arrive and realize that
they were actually booked to perform at the Hollywood Bowl-A-Rama, a bowling alley with a cabaret lounge. When they
hear that auditons are being held for a movie musical, "Nunset Boulevard", they recognize that landing a part in it would be
a natural, although this also forces them to contemplate their true calling. As usual, it's a laugh-a-minute with
these crazy, funny nuns we've come to love over the years! This Maryville Area Community Theatre production will be held at the Lee Dam Center for Fine Art
at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evening and at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.
April 13, 2013 - Quality Beef Days
- Quality Beef Days will be Saturday April 13th at Hedstrom Hall in Marysville. For more information contact
Mike Vogt at 785-562-3531 or Sue Rowland at 785-629-8040.
April 14, 2013 - Sons of the Legion Dinner
- The Sons of the American Legion are sponsoring a dinner of pan fried chicken and liver & onions
on Sunday, April 14th at the American Legion Club. Serving is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
April 15-19, 2013 - Spring City Clean-Up
- City crews will pick up lawn debris from residents curbs on April 15-19. The debris is to be put in sacks
or cardboard boxes, and tree limbs are to be cut so one person can handle them. During Clean-Up week the City Dump will
be open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. They are also open Saturdays & Sundays from 1-5 p.m.
April 20, 2013 - CMH Health Fair
- Head to Community Memorial Healthcare for the CMH Health Fair from 6:00 to 10:00 a.m. Enter through the
main south door of the hospital at 708 North 18th Street. Blood Profiles are $25.00. For more information
contact CMH at 785-562-2311.
April 23, 2013 - Social Marketing & Advertising Workshop
- Feeling overwhelmed about how to properly use social marketing and traditional advertising? Renowned ad man and social media guru, Blake Messer,
of Bold Moves Consulting in Seattle, WA has been illuminating the complex and ever changing world of advertising and social marketing for small to medium
business across the country. This workshop is only 75 minutes long and is sponsored in part by the Marysville Chamber of Commerce and KUTT Radio. It
is free to Marysville area business leaders, but seating is limited and you must
RSVP to save your seat. The workshop will be conducted at Landoll Lanes in Marysville on Tuesday, April 23rd at 2:30 p.m. or 5:30 p.m.
April 23, 2013 - "The Way We Worked" Photo Exhibt
- 80 large-format photographs taken by Blue Rapids photographer Tom Parker documenting workers within Blue Rapids during 2012 will be on display at the
Lee Dam Center for Fine Art. The exhibit is the culmination of a year-long effort that included janitors, welders, ranchers, farmers, office workers,
bartenders, teachers, musicians, volunteers and veterinarians. Over 45,000 photographs were taken throughout the year for the project. "The Way We Worked in Blue Rapids",
was co-sponsored by the Kansas Humanities Council and the Blue Rapids Historical Society in partnership with the Smithsonian Institution's Museum on Main Street
program. The Art Center will be open to view the exhibit on the following dates:
Tuesday, April 23, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday, April 24, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday, April 25, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Meet the Artist Reception today)
Friday, April 26, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, April 27, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday, April 28, 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
April 24, 2013 - National Walk@Lunch Day
- National Walk@Lunch Day is designed to complement, not compete with your busy lifestyle. The walk was designed by Blue Cross and Blue Shield to
help you schedule physical activity into your busy lifestyle. National Walk@Lunch Day is the start of your new daily walking routine, helping you to
improve your health step by step. Make plans to walk 30 minutes during your lunch. This is a great opportunity to turn exercise into a daily
habit. So wear comfortable shoes and take a walk at lunch! You can use MapMyRun to plot out a route near
your workplace or home.
Want to join others in a 30 minute walk? The Marysville Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors will be walking on April 24th at 11:30 a.m. in the Marysville City
Park. Please join us for a 30 minute walk! We’d love to have you walk with us!
April 27, 2011 - "Free" County-Wide Clean-Up Days
- The Marshall County Transfer Station will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. April 27th so that
Marshall County residents can clean up and dispose of waste for free. For a list of materials that are
accepted and not accepted, see the ad in the Marysville Adocate or call the Marshall County Public Works Department
at 785-562-5349. Free County-Wide Clean-Up Days are made possible by the Marshall County Public Works
Department and the Marysville Chamber of Commerce.
April 27, 2013 - Palette & Palate: Hats Off to the Arts
- The Marshall County Arts Cooperative's fourth annual art auction and garden party "Palette & Palate" begins as artists and party goers
alike enjoy exceptional hors d'oeuvres, wonderful wines, and listen to great music, all while viewing and purchasing great art! &3160;Enjoy wine tasting from
Wyldewood Cellars, a selection of beers, hors d'oeuvres, and live music by the Betsy Blazer Trio. Followed by an art auction, music, and mingling. ɢThis
is the event to don your hat and showcase your grace and taste - simple or grandiose, custom-made or off the rack. All attendee hats worn to the event will
automatically be entered into a hat contest with three separate winners - Best of Show and Best "Statement" Male & Female. Hats may be purchase, borrowed
or designed by the wearer. Winning hats will be selected by a panel of secret judges. Not to worry, hatless heads are welcome! The annual event will
be held at the Popejoy home in Blue Rapids starting at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $25.00 per person. Please RSVP by April 20 to Renee Hoffman at 785-562-5143
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
April 28, 2013 - Color Me 5K Walk/Run
- Come experience the colors of the rainbow! The Color Me 5K Walk/Run is a charity event for Families First of Marshall County and begins at 9:00 a.m. in the
Marysville City Park. Pre-register by April 21st for $25.00 or $35.00 on the day of the event. To register visit the event page on
Facebook or send a check or money order with t-shirt size to First Families of Marshall County, 1204 Laramie, Marysville, KS 66508.