La Crosse, located at the intersection of highways K-4 and US-183, 26 miles south of I-70, is the county seat of Rush [RH] County.
Grass Park on the south side of town has the three museums as well as a marker honoring educator Howard R. Barnard. The City Park on the east side of Main Street has beautiful shelters and small buildings made from "post rock" limestone.
- The Rush County Fair is held in La Crosse in August.
- Every May, La Crosse hosts the Barbed Wire Swap Meet. The headquarters of the Kansas Barbed Wire Collectors Association is at the Barbed Wire Museum.
USD 395 La Crosse
616 Main / Box 778
La Crosse, KS 67548-0878
Home of the Leopards
- Barnard Library (785) 222-2826
521 Elm Street, La Crosse, KS 67548
- Rush County Memorial Hospital (785) 222-2545
700 West Eighth, La Crosse, KS 67548
- City of La Crosse (785) 222-2511
1119 Main, La Crosse, KS 67548
La Crosse Chamber of Commerce
(785) 222-2639 · Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 716, La Crosse, KS 67548
|Visit the Home Page for Kansas
A service of the Kansas State Library
© Copyright 1998
Kansas on the Net, LLC
John & Susan Howell