128 West Prairie (620) 724-4317 email@example.com
- Books are checked out for 2 weeks (limited to 3 consecutive times or 6 weeks)
- New books are checked out for 2 weeks with no renewal
- Magazines are check out for 1 week (except latest issue), it remains on rack until the new one comes in.
- Audio Books are checked out for 2 weeks only.
- Older Encyclopedias & reference books may be checked out for 3 days.
- Non-circulated materials are available for use in the library.
- No more than 15 items may be checked out at a time, first time users may only check out 3 books, children 11 and under 5 items.
- Items may be renewed by phone, but the patron MUST WRITE the new due date in at least one book or there will be a fine charged from original due date.
Video PolicyThe library has over 1050 in-house videos. Interlibrary loan sources for more videos are found in the bibliography notebook
- Must be 18 years old or older on Interlibrary loan videos. (5 day loan period)
- Must be in good standing - no overdues or service charges due.
- $1 per video, per day service charge
- Limit 3/DVD's per household and 5/videos per household.
- 1 week loan period.
Genealogy Research Charges
- $7 search fee, copies @ 25¢ each, plus postage and handling.
(Requests must be placed or sent in writing, with return address)
Compact Disc Policy
- 3 per household
- 1 week loan period
- 12 and over for CD's
- Audio Books - *2 week loan period
Fax Machine Charges
- Cost to receive is 25¢.
- $1 for each copy, cover letter required (to send white paper only)
- Also, free of charge inter-library loan use by our staff for patrons.
Fines and Overdue Procedures
- 10¢ per day for each item overdue- $1 on videos. Stops when amount exceeds cost of item.
- No items may be checked out, until overdues are returned and fines are paid.
- Overdue Items - a library staff member calls (non long distance patrons) every Monday to inform patrons of an overdue item. If the item is not returned by the following Thursday, a post card reminder will be sent. If in 1 week the item is not returned, a letter from the Girard City Attorney will be mailed, then after 1 week the information will be turned over the Girard City Municipal Court.
*NOTE: After the information has been sent to the City Court and they have taken action you must appear in court to take care of this matter.
Damaged or Lost Items
- Magazines that are damaged are assessed a charge to compensate for the diminished lifetime of the item. Replacement cost is: cost of magazine plus $1.50.
- Books are assessed a damage charge to compensate for it's diminished lifetime beginning at $1.50.
- Lost items are charged the replacement cost of: paperback books $15 and hardback books $25. If the patron chooses to replace the book there will be a $5 processing charge added. Cassettes are $15, CD's $20, Videos are $20,and DVD's are $25. If an item is lost and paid for, the patron has 3 months to find and return it, they will then be given their money back minus $3.00 a month charge.
- Slide Projector - $20 deposit
- Projection screen - $5 deposit, if removed from the library. Refund will be given upon their return.
|Visit the Home Page for Kansas
A service of the Kansas State Library
|© Copyright 1999, 2001
Girard Public Library