- Carson Lodge #132
A.F. & A.M.
- Instituted Oct. 1871 with 75 members. In 1999 the membership is 160 strong.
The Lodge meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month.
The Sausage and Waffle Supper held the first Saturday in February each year in the new Lodge Building.
A Annual Steak Supper is held in April each year.
The Lodge has a new event on the 4th Sunday of each month; a Sunday Breakfast Buffet.
- Coterie was organized in 1943, see history written by Myrtle Cox, a charter member.
- Craft and Chatter Club
- New Club was started 2004, they named it the Craft and Chatter Club.
- Elk City Christian Church
- Turkey Supper scheduled in November
- Elk City Kansas PRIDE Org.
Officers for Year 2010
- Organized in 1995.
Publish the Elk Citian Pride Newsletter
Chairman: Jane Osburn
Vice Chairman: Janet Rau
Secretary: Amber Simmons
Treasurer: Amber Simmons
Historian: Sandy Faler
Web Site: Sandy Faler & Janet Rau
Board of Trustees:
Emma Lou Welch
- Elk City Senior Citizens
- SEK-CAP Seniors
- Elk City Volunteer Fire Department
- City Fire Chief - James Reed
- Gingham Aprons FCE (Family-Community-Education)
- Chartered in 1943 celebrating 64 years. organized as Home Demonstration Unit (HDU) then changed to Extension Homemakers Unit (EHU) and now known as the Family, Community and Education (FCE). Origionally the club served the high school Athletic Banquets and they always wore Gingham Aprons and that is how they got the club name.
- Louisburg Township Volunteer Rural Fire Dept.
- Eric Bennett - Fire Chief
- Mount Tabor Club
- Started in 1951 in the home of Winnie Hoyt. Original members were: Janie Stark, Mary Vaughn, Ella Burns, Margaret Counsil and Mrs. Mundy. Opal Frazier joined in 1954.
- Order of Eastern Star Prosperity Chapter #134
Power of the Past (POP)
- Chartered in May 11, 1893. Mattie (Carson) Davis was elected to serve as the first Worthy Matron (WM)of Chapter #134. She was the daughter of William Carson. Mattie was elected as Grand Chapter Worthy Grand Matron of the OES in 1918. The Eastern Star Prosperity Chapter #134 consolidated with EVA Chapter # 18 in Independence in 2012
- Antique Tractor Club
To preserve, collect and restore historical equipment and its history
- SEK-CAP Seniors
- Sunflower Club
- Founded in 1913 as the Old Maids Club. When the ladies started getting married they didn't want to give up the club so they changed it to Sunflower Club. History of Sunflower Club written by Vadis Kimrey
- United Methodist Women
- Turkey Supper scheduled in October
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 7254
< Remembering the Past
Living the Present
Looking to the Future
Classes of the Past
Explore Elk City in Montgomery
County, or visit other Kansas
Cities & Towns
Home Page Links
April 10, 2013 /
Sandy Faler, Elk City,
||Visit the Home Page for Kansas
A service of the Kansas State Library
© Copyright 1998
Elk City PRIDE