The Blue Rapids Historical Museum was established in 2007 to honor and remember the people, businesses and history of the only Blue Rapids in America. While the Museum is building up their permanent collection of items, they are borrowing items to make interesting exhibits.
Planned quarterly exhibits for 2014:
· January thru April: "Czechs"
· May thru August: “Trails”
· September thru December: "Wars”
· January 14, 2014 at 7pm – Estate Planning with John Schwartz, State Bank of Blue Rapids, and Darrell Spain, Attorney.
· February 10 or 17: Eat pizza at the Pizza Hut in Marysville, KS and get 10% of sales donated to the BR Museum.
· March 29, 2014 – Consignment auction in Floral Hall. 50/25/25 percent split between the seller/BR Museum/ and BR Swimming Pool committee. Sales items accepted after February 28. No clothes.
· April 26, 2014: Czech Festival
· May 10, 2014 – White Way Run – Anniversary of the establishment of marked highways from Concordia to Atchison and beyond. Antique cars will gather and start in Concordia and Atchison and then meet in Frankfort at 2pm.
Planned quarterly exhibits for 2015:
· January thru April: “Chairs”
· May thru August: “Weddings”
· September thru December: “Blue Rapids People of Interest” (Possibility of Smithsonian travelling exhibit “Hometown Teams”
The museum is open Saturday 9:00-12:00 at #36 Public Square, on the Round Town Square in Blue Rapids. We are happy to open up for family reunions, group meetings and whenever you are passing through.
Pat Osborne, 785-363-7949
Blue Rapids Public Library, 785-363-7709
The Blue Rapids Museum is a 501(c)3 organization supported solely by donations.