Georgetown post office was moved from
Coal Creek in 1879
with John J. Jenness as postmaster. There
was a well, blacksmith
shop and stores owned by George Little,
George Carhaugh and Charles Bells
on the north side of the tracks. George
Carbaugh's elevator was on
the south side of the tracks. They
loaded railroad cars by putting
grain in tubs and using horse and pulley
to pull it up into cars. Mr.
Grandar managed to get the post office away
from Georgetown, so George
Carbaugh, who had started the town and named it after himself,
moved his elevator
and started the town of Niles in 1885.
Some of Henry Little's
relatives helped load it on a train flatcar to move it to Niles.