WOW (Words on Wheels) Mobile, from Kansas Center for the Book, takes literary exhibits to every geographical corner and more than forty cities in Kansas. Visit the WOW Mobile just outside the north door of Maner Conference Center (where workshops will be held) 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Saturday. The display will feature books by Kansas authors old and new. Be sure to see the two bound volumes of typewritten poetry by our founder H. W. Roby from the collection of the Topeka Room.
Visit the Topeka and Shawnee County Library
1515 SW 10th Av • Fri. 9 a.m.-9 pm., Sat. 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Sun. 12:00-9 p.m.
- Kansas Center for the Book—Promotes books and reading, especially by Kansas authors, throughout Kansas.
- The Topeka Room—An archival collection of books written, illustrated, and/or published by or about Topeka residents. This room also houses an extensive collection of photographs, postcards and files of information about Topeka and Shawnee County history.
- The Sabatini Gallery—Featuring "Nine Connection: Works by 9 Women Artists. Barbara Waterman-Peters wrote text for the exhibit brochure and will give a gallery talk at 7-8 p.m., Monday October 25.
- Chandler Booktique—Selling gently used books, some Kansas and collectible, new books by Kansas authors, and book-related gifts. Proceeds benefit the Friends of the Library. Hours: Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Sunday 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Millenium Café—Sandwiches, salads, soup, desserts, coffee, etc. Saturday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
The World-Famous Topeka Zoo!
You are invited to come and see the animals. A limited number of free passes are available. Zoo open every day 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Admission gate closes at 4:00 p.m.
PDF Map of Convention Site -- You may want to print the map from the PDF file provided and bring it with you to the convention. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, software used to read PDF files, it is available as a free download from Adobe.
Return to Top of Page
Return to Convention
This information was provided by
Karen Sells Brown, District 1