Mon., Tues., & Thur.
10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sat. 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Gone are the days when libraries seemed to value books more than people. Today your library is a "one stop shopping" place for information and enjoyment. Here are some of the services you will find at your library today:
- The Internet - Now featuring free wireless access! Use our computers or your own wireless laptop to experience the World Wide Web. The library's web searching tools include Yahoo, First Search, Blue Skyways (from the Kansas State Library) and OCLC (Online Computer Library Center; a national shared cataloging data service).
- Laptop & Digital Projector - Available for checkout together or separately to local businesses and organizations. Made possible by a grant from the South Central Community Foundation in Pratt.
- Talking Books - These are materials and equipment for patrons who are unable to use conventional print.
- Large Print Books
- Copy Machine - Black and white and color.
- Micro-Film reader and printer.
- Tours - are provided to groups on request.
- Meeting Room - The lovely, well-equipped meeting room is available at no charge for use by non-profit and community groups, $25 for others. Internet connection is available.
- Projector Equipment - can be checked out overnight.
Our genealogy area has greatly expanded within the last several years. Below is listed only a few things we have to offer. CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!
Genealogy Study Room
- 467 excellent books, including census books.
- 1850, 1860, 1870 census records on CD's.
- Micro-fiche listings from IGI from U.S., Germany, Canada, England, Switzerland, Ireland, and more.
- 264 rolls of microfilmed newspapers from Kingman County and Kingman City, dated 1884-1996, and Kansas Census to 1920 for Kingman County.
- Marriage records on CD's from many states.
- Family tree maker CD's.
- Social Security records 1937-1995.
- Kingman family records in book form.
- Kingman City and Kingman County history.
- Kingman birth, marriage, and cemetery records.
- Township histories.
- Surrounding counties history books.
- Queries welcomed (Rate $10.00 hour)
|Visit the Home
Page for Kansas
A service of the Kansas State Library
Kingman Carnegie Library