► Industry &
► Lodging/RV Parks
► Personal Services
September 2013 Events
September 7, 2013 - Kid's Carnival
- Head to the First Christian Church for the Annual Kid's Carnival. There will be games, prizes, free popcorn & more. Bring
the whole family from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for some good ole family fun! For more information contact Jessica at 785-562-8524.
September 7-14-21-28, 2013 - Farmers Market
- The local Farmers Market will be open for business every Saturday in September from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. in historic downtown Marysville.
You'll find a large selection of baked goods, locally grown foods, plants and handmade crafts at the market. Vendors must
register with Marysville Sports & Recreation. For more information call 785-562-6818.
September 10-11, 2013 - Almost Everything $6 Sale
- Join us at the Lincoln Center on September 10th from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on September 11th from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. for an Almost Everything $6 Sale!
This two-day fundraising event features over 1,000 styles of today's fashion accessories. Proceeds benefit the Northeast Kansas Area Agency
September 14, 2013 - The Farmers Table
- Sit back and enjoy a brunch promoting the Marysville Farmers Market at the Koester House Museum Gardens from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The menu will include fresh fruits,
breakfast breads, egg casseroles, breakfast potatoes, breakfast pork meats, coffee, teas, juice, water & sangria. Tickets are $20.00 per person
and available at Marysville Health & Fitness, Marysville Advocate, Marysville Sports & Recreation and Marysville Main Street. Please purchase tickets by September 7th.
September 15, 2013 - Good Shepherd Lutheran School Auction
- The annual Good Shepherd Lutheran School Auction will be held on Sunday, September 15th at the American Legion
Club in Marysville. The Silent Auction and Lunch will begin at 11:00 a.m., followed by the live auction at
1:00 p.m. Proceeds benefit the lutheran school.
September 16, 2013 - Mark Toland Live Show
- Mark Toland combines magic, mind reading and sideshow stunts with comedy and audience participation for an unforgettable
experience. From walking barefoot on broken glass and swallowing needles to reading the minds of various audience members,
there is a wide variety of amazing and incredible magic! Join us at the Waterville Opera House at 7:00 p.m. for this great
performance! Sponsored by the Marshal County Arts Cooperative, admission is free. Special performances are being planned for the
elementary schools and a magic workshop will be conducted for interested "magicians".
September 18, 2013 - Learn Magic With Mark Toland
- Mark Toland will share his expertise at a workshop from 5:30-7:00 p.m. at the Lee Dam Center for Fine Art. The free workshop is for anyone over the age
of eight. Toland will teach the attendees how to make things appear, disappear, and levitate. He'll also teach some simple mind reading tricks and a
few card tricks too. Importantly, he'll cover the three rules of magic. All supplies will be furnished. Sponsored by the Marshall County Arts Cooperative.
September 20-21-22, 2013 - City Wide Garage Sales & US 36 Treasure Hunt
- The annual City Wide Garage Sales are scheduled for September 20-21-22 in Marysville. They will be held in conjunction
with the US Highway 36 Treasure Hunt, a 400 mile long garage sale across Kansas. Maps will be available at the Marysville
Chamber of Commerce, Crome's Market, Trails N Rails, 12th Street Liquor, Caseys General Store, Short Stop and CJ
Express or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 21, 2013 - Veterans Memorial Breakfast
- Join us for breakfast at the American Legion Club from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.. Serving sausage, eggs, pancakes, hash browns, biscuits & gravy. All you can eat.
Everyone welcome! Free will donation. Proceeds benefit the Marshall County Veterans Memorial in Marysville.
September 21, 2013 - Punt, Pass & Kick Competition
- The annual Punt, Pass & Kick competition sponsored by the Marysville Kiwanis Club will be held on Saturday,
September 21st at Homer Hanson Stadium beginning at 9 a.m. For more information contact Marcus Frese at 785-562-2791.
September 23, 2013 - One, Two, Three, Four Dance
- The Wylliams/Henry Contemporary Dance Company will amaze you with an intimate evening of smaller works showcasing the individual artistry of the
dancers. Performances will include solos, duets, trios, and quartets. Join us at the Waterville Opera House at 7:00 p.m. Sponsored by the Marshall County Arts Cooperative.
September 26, 2013 - Jam Session
- Head the the American Legion from 6-9 p.m. for some great music! Bring your instrument or just come and listen. Local musicians coming together to make
September 28, 2013 - Baby Boomer 50+ Expo
- The Helvering Center will be the setting for the 2013 Baby Boomer 50+ Expo. The Expo's mission is to inform citizen's 50 years and older about the
opportunities and services available to residents of Marshall County. It will feature a wide variety of exhibitors and an exciting roster of guest speakers. The
event will also offer tours, demonstrations and giveaways. Light snacks will be served and admission is free.
September 29, 2013 - Loss of Child Memory Service
- Parents, family members and friends of children who have died are invited to attend the 3rd Annual Memory Service to celebrate the children's lives, their
courage and the love they shared with their families. Join other at St. Gregory's Catholic Church Hall at 2:00 p.m. For more information contact
Cheryl at 785-562-2200 or 785-562-6180. Sponsored by Community Memorial Healthcare.