► Industry &
► Lodging/RV Parks
► Personal Services
May 2013 Events
May 3-4, 2013 - St. Gregory's Open
- The Annual St. Gregory's Open Dinner & Auction will be held on Friday, May 3rd at the Marysville Marysville Knights of
Columbus Hall from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., followed by a dance. Over $2,000.00 in Raffle prizes will be given away.
The Golf Tournament will be on Saturday, May 4th at the Marysville Country Club. Check-in is at
9 a.m. with tee-off at 10 a.m. Reservations are required. For more information, contact
John Haefele at 785-562-9923 or Dan Caffrey at 785-562-3190.
May 4-11-18-25, 2013 - Farmers Market
- The local Farmers Market will be open for business every Saturday in May from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. in historic downtown Marysville.
You'll find a large selection of baked goods, locally grown foods, plants and handmade crafts at the market. Vendors must
register with Marysville Sports & Recreation. For more information call 785-562-6818 or 785-562-2424.
May 9, 2013 - In-Cred-ibell
- Join us at the Lee Dam Art Center for "In-Cred-ibell!" a solo handbell concert featuring Kristine Stout. Admission is complimentary
and sponsored by the Marshall County Arts Cooperative and the Evangelical United Church of Christ.
May 11, 2013 - "Marshall County Barns" Art Exhibit
- On display at the Lee Dam Center for Fine Art in May will be "Marshall County Barns", featuring 26 paintings of barns in Marshall
County by Lois Cohorst. The opening of the exhibit will be Saturday, May 11 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The center will also be
open the following dates & times to view the exhibit:
Wednesday, May 15, from 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Friday, May 17, from 11:30-1:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 18, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 25, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 26, from 12:30-2:00 p.m.
Monday, May 27, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Friday, May 31, from 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 1, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Lunch With the Arts will be Friday, May 17. Lunch, a cook-out with hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, salads, potato chips, desserts & drinks,
will be served while guests enjoy the show. Sponsored by the Marshall County Arts Cooperative.
May 11-12, 2013 - Mother's Day Flea Market
- The 38th Annual Koester House Museum Flea Market will be held Saturday, May 11 & Sunday, May 12 in the City Park
in Marysville. Venders will be open from sun up to sun down. Proceeds go to restoration and preservation of the
Koester House Museum. To reserve your space contact Mary Weickert at 785-562-5593.
May 12, 2013 - Chicken Barbeque
- Chicken Barbeque Dinners will be served on Sunday, May 12th in the Simmons Auditorium in the City Park in
Marysvillle from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.. Proceeds go to the restoration and preservation of the Koester House Museum.
May 11-12, 2013 - Marysville Junior Senior High Art Show
- The annual MHS/MJHS Art Show will be held on Saturday, May 11 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Sunday, May 12 from 9 a.m.
to 4 p.m. at the MJHS Gym. Visitors can vote for their favorite art.
May 16, 2013 - Preventing Financial Abuse and Exploitation of Older Adults
- An informational session on Preventing Financial Abuse and Exploitation of Older Adults will be held at the Marysville Public Library
from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Registration and refreshments begin at 9:30 a.m. The session will be beneficial for seniors, caregivers,
representatives of seniors, employees of financial institutions, law enforcement, and others that are concerned with the prevention of or
intervening in financial abuse of older adults. Presenters will be Dennis Kramer, Vice-President of United Bank & Trust, and Travis Harrod,
Assistant Attorney General in the Consumer Protection Division. For information and to register, contact Mainstream, Inc. in Topeka at 800-582-1428.
May 17, 2013 - Lunch With the Arts
- Have "Lunch With the Arts" while you enjoy the Lois Cohorst exhibit "Marshall County Barns" From 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. a variety of soups,
relishes, breads and desserts will be served at the Lee Dam Center for Fine Art. Cost is $5.00. This show is sponsored by the Marshall County Arts Cooperative.
May 31, 2013 - Poker Run & Friday Night Cruisin'
- The annual Poker Run and Friday Night Cruisin' sponsored by the Marysville Chamber of Commerce in downtown
Marysville is scheduled for Friday, May 31st from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Registration for the poker run is at 8th
& Broadway. Door Prizes - Drive Anything - Everyone Welcome - Fun for the entire family!
Prizes will be awarded for the Best Poker Hand, the 2nd Best Poker Hand and the Worst Poker Hand.
Enjoy cruisin' on Broadway during this fun filled event. Enjoy KNDY AM 1570 live remote from
5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. with 50's and 60's favorites!
May 31, 2013 - Blue, Brews & BBQ
- After the Poker Run & Cruisin' head to 7th & Broadway where the rhythm & blues band Mainstreet will be performing live!
This 6-piece band playing R&B, rock, disco and blues, features drummer Richard Smalley, a native of Marysville. Admission is free and a beer garden
will be open just West of the band at Joe's Bar. Mainstreet is sponsored by the Marshall County Arts Cooperative.
May 31 & June 1, 2013 - Footloose Dance Recital
- The annual Footloose Dance Recital will be held on May 31st & June 1st at 7 p.m. in the
MHS Auditorium. Dancers range in age from 3 to 18 years old.
May 31 & June 1, 2013 - Big Blue BBQ Championship
- The 7th annual Big Blue BBQ Championship, presented by Marysville Main Street, will be held on May 31 & June 1 in
downtown Marysville. Check-in begins at 9 a.m. on Friday, May 31, with Meat Inspections beginning at 11 a.m. The
Cooks Meeting is scheduled for 5 p.m. On Saturday, June 1, judging begins at 12 p.m. and the Awards Banquet is
scheduled for 5 p.m. Space is limited. For more information and rules visit the website