Kansas Legislative District Profiles
The following maps, demographic tables and profiles are for Kansas House and Senate districts enacted by the 2012 Legislature. The population information was derived from the 2010 US Census of Population and Housing. The same information is available for Kansas' 10 State Board of Education and four Congressional districts.
Using this page: Links above are to information about Kansas legislators and the districts they represent.
• Each member's name is a link to an HTML page on which is located the member's picture contact information both in the district and in Topeka and committees on which the member serves.
• The "Demographics" link takes you to a three page PDF table showing the district's population and household composition. (Yet to be updated.)
• The "Map" link takes you to a single page, black and white PDF map of the district. Each map is at a different scale and the amount of detail depends on the geographic extent of the district.
• The "Profile" link takes you to a single page PDF summary of district characteristics including population, education, income, employment and household information. (Yet to be updated.)
If you are uncertain about which district you are in, follow this link to the Research Department's partner, the Policy Research Institute at the University of Kansas where you can find assistance. Use your browser's "back" button to return to this page.
If you are interested in seeing how districts rank in those measures presented in the Profiles, follow this link to a page on which you will find links to additional tables by topic for House, Senate, State Board of Education and Congressional districts.
KLRD - 300 SW 10th - Rm 68-West - Topeka, Kansas 66612
(785) 296-3181 email@example.com