Nelson - Peter Brown - Alvin Jennings
Dutch Mill 1883 - 1938 Moved to Smith Center
In 1876 a buffalo herd was sighted
near the state line. Sod town built
on cemetery. No water below. Therefore
all moved to Reamsville by Iowa Creek.
M.E. Church built in 1898. Several members
buried in Reamsville Cemetery. About
1912, a fire burnt up a blacksmith shop
store and hotel. Never rebuilt. In 1917
there were 108 families, 6 schools, 3
churches in Martin Township. 1994 15
families, 1 church. This transition
Fading sign on country road.