District #52 Antelope Ridge

By Will Bixenman

 

          Antelope Ridge was formed April 18, 1907, and was perfected May 18, 1907.  It is South of the Smoky Hill River, and the schoolhouse is 4 miles west and 1 mile north of Grinnell.  In 1916, there were 4 school buildings, and all were 1 school rooms.  In 1929, the estimated value of the school property was $1,000. The first teacher here was Mattie Fick.  There were a lot of other teachers, but there were 23 teachers in the school’s 28 years of existence.  Antelope Ridge was disorganized on March 24, 1936.

 

(Gove Co. Register of Deeds Office)

(Gove Co. History)