Munjor, named after a German settlement on the Volga River, is located six miles southeast of Hays, was founded in 1876.
The history of Munjor is documented in The Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements of Ellis and Rush Counties, Kansas, August 31, September 1 and 2, 1926, in the Munjor section.
The following left Saratov on July 8, 1876:
A colony from Obermunjor, Russia, settled in Munjor in 1875. Visit the Obermunjor, Russia Homepage
A group from Wittman (Solothurn), Russia, included:
Catherine Schoemacher (Schumacher)
Anton Schoemacher (Schumacher)
Henry Schoemacher (Schumacher)
George Schoemacher (Schumacher)
From Mariental, Russia came: Visit the Mariental, Russia Homepage
From Schoenchen, Russia came: Visit the Schoenchen, Russia Homepage
Anton Wasinger Jr.
From Gattung, Russia came:
The following left Saratov between September 18 and 30th, 1876:
Jacob John Leiker
The following left Herzog August 8-20, 1877:
From Herzog, Russia:
From Mariental, Russia:
The following left Obermonjou in late July of 1878:
Home Page for Kansas