Camp Criley was established in 1872 as a supply station
for workmen building the Santa Fe Railroad, name changed
to Garfield in 1873 by pioneers settling here.
This park was planned in 1880 and the first trees planted in April 1882. The Band Shell erected in the early 1900's used for many concerts by local musicians. Hitching Post and Stone Stile used in the early days by ladies when mounting their horse brought from the former A. H. Moffet place. Band Shell and stone fixtures were restored in 1975 with funds from Jordaan Foundation. M. A. W. Jordaan and sons were pioneer farmers in the area.
Congregational Church organized August 1873Bricks in base of the sign are from the school building erected in 1884 and made in local kiln.
for the Bi-Centennial of 1976.