Wilson County Kansas
Township Histories


The township history material was taken from the Historical Atlas of Wilson County Kansas published in 1881, and submitted by Bill Bentley.


Histories included are:


Webster Township was not included in the atlas as it was formed by petition in October 1890 by taking two miles off the west side of Clifton and three off the east side of Verdigris townships. The chief object of its formation was to enable the people of that territory to vote bonds and secure a bridge across the Verdigris river. The first settlers of this township appear as such in the townships of Verdigris and Clifton.


Tom & Carolyn Ward
Columbus, KS

tcward@columbus-ks.com


Background and KSGenWeb logo were designed and are copyrighted by
Tom & Carolyn Ward
for the limited use of the KSGenWeb Project.
Permission is granted for use only on an official KSGenWeb page.

©1998
Last updated 12/20/1998


Home Page for Kansas
Search all of Blue Skyways
including
The KSGenWeb Project
KSGenWeb
Archives
Return to
Wilson County