- Located NE corner NW1/4 Section 4-3-16 (Plum Township). Listed on 1880 maps. Also named as post office. Store, blacksmith shop. Established 1872. Postmasters: Joseph E. BEEDY, May 10, 1876; Wm. J. WITHAM, March 24, 1880; Allen W. ANDREWS, April 3, 1883; Sornia WITHAM, May 22, 1884; Discontinued February 20, 1888.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library