- Location: NE corner, SW1/4 Section 12-3-17 (Arcade Township). Store, blacksmith shop, school, church. Established October 2, 1873. W.H. BARKER, Lowell KEESEE's great grandfather was one of the postmasters. He also was an early surveyor, having made many of the original surveys of the county. His instruments belong to Cecil KINGERY and are displayed in the Ft. BISSELL museum. Postmasters: Franke DRAKE, October 2, 1878; Wm. H. BARKER, October 16, 1874; Franklin DRAKE, April 29, 1878; Wm. H. PARKER, February 20, 1879; Discontinued February 2, 1880.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library