- A hamlet in Phillips County NW corner, SW1/4 Section 35-1-16. Sumner Township. (Remains of burned Gov. Wagon found on Creek crossing just west of town, same being on the early Gov. wagon road Ft. Kearney to Ft. Hays). Store, blacksmith shop. Named as postoffice in 1883 County History as well as shown on the maps. History not available as to postmasters.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library