- Location: NW1/4 NW1/4 Section 13-2-16 (Crystal Township). Store, blacksmith shop. A town was platted and of record. Established August 20, 1884. Postmasters: James A. WHERRY, August 20, 1884; Carl RIETZKE, May 13, 1886; Benjamin F. MOSS, July 9, 1890. Discontinued March 9, 1891.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library