- Location: NW corner of NW1/4 Section 15-1-16 (Sumner Township) 7-10-80 on Agra to Naponee Road. Store, blacksmith shop. Established E.J. SCHULKE. Postmasters: Joseph GRIFFIN, July 19, 1880; Daniel MARSHALL, February 2, 1883; Wilber F. MARSHALL, March 8, 1887; John MAGIRL, January 14, 1888; James E. GRIFFIN, February 1, 1889; Clarence D. GOULD, November 9, 1889; Harrison S. GARRETT, May 23, 1895. Discontinued February 14, 1903.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library