- Located: SE corner S1/2 SW1/4 26-2-18, Post Office, Store, Postoffice building still standing on original location. established June 21, 1871. Postmasters: James H. MURPHY, June 21, 1871; Zalmon H. MORTON, October 10, 1876; Wm. H. PHILLIPS, November 28, 1882. Discontinued April 22, 1889.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library