- Also known as HANDYVILLE: Located NE corner NW1/4 NE1/4, Section 9-2-17, (1917 County Atlas) Established July 24, 1882. Store, blacksmith, town hall. Postmasters: Thos. G. LARKIN, July 24, 1882; Mrs. Maria KING, April 9, 1889; (Declined) Oliver WHITNEY, May 9, 1889; Thomas G. LARKIN, November 21, 1894; James M. HANDY, October 14, 1899; Fred H. CLARK, May 25, 1905.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library