- Established February 13, 1873. 1880 map shows location Section 3-1-19. Store, blacksmith shop. Postmasters: Wm. A. HUNTLEY, February 13, 1873; James L. and Daniel L. SMITH, March 30, 1875; Simeon BAILEY, September 18, 1877; Mrs. Jane E. BAILEY, October 25, 1877. Not named as post office, 1880 Atlas.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library