- SW corner NE1/4 SW1/4 Section 11-2-19. East side of Draw. A small hamlet in Phillips County. Store, blacksmith shop, school. The W.F. HUFFSTUTTER and MILLER Store was operated there for many years. Established June 22, 1874. Postmasters: Frank DIXSON, June 22, 1874; George W. KIBBE, Noah GOODRICH, August 1, 1878; Maria GOODE, April 27, 1880; Della A. GOODE, April 3, 1883; Adam GOODE, July 17, 1884; Discontinued October 15, 1887. Store continued to operate for many years. Named on 1917 Atlas, as being a hamlet.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library