- Establised 1874. Located SW corner NW1/4 NW1/4, Section 5, Twp 1, Range 18. Store, blacksmith shop. Location 1880 Atlas map. Postmasters: Wm. F. HERWICK, October 14, 1874; F.A. HERWICK, December 15, 1876; Susan A. HERWICK, January 9, 1877; Discontinued May 14, 1878. Re-established, May 28, 1878. John C. LITLE; Lyman S. WHITNEY, August 23, 1882. Discontinued May 9, 1883.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library