- Established 1874 . Store and blacksmith shop. No record of being platted. Located in NE corner of NE1/4, Section 31, Twp 2, Range 18, on Bissell Creek. Shown on 1880 Atlas. Postmasters: Charles DICKEY, September 29, 1874; Wm. M. FERGUSON, September 26, 1878; Joseph S. FRIANT, July 7, 1880; Daniel J. MULRYHILL, December 4, 1875; M.D. NORRIS, October 6, 1887; John O. LOWE, March 2, 1888. Discontinued March 21, 1889. Re-established March 13, 1890, Randall Bentley, Postmaster. Discontinued August 19, 1895.
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library