- Established 1874; Platted as town 1885. Store, blacksmith shop. Located NW corner of NW1/4, Section 34, Twp 1, Range 17, shown on 1880 Atlas. Postmasters: Gerorge W. CHAPMAN, May 6, 1875. Discontinued February 24, 1876 .
This information originally appeared in PHILLIPSBURG - PHILLIPS COUNTY CENTENNIAL 1872 - 1972. Published by the Phillipsburg Centennial Committee which was edited and compiled by Cecil KINGERY.
Phillipsburg Centennial Committee Members:
Luetta MALEY, Joy KENDALL, Cecil KINGERY, JoAnn LUMPKIN, Kay BURNS, Libby MASON, McDill "Huck" BOYD, Judy PARTINGTON, Dan HEINZE, Larry BOEVE.
Return to Early Towns of Phillips County
Return to Phillips County
- Home Page for Kansas State Library