The following history was taken from "The Harper County Story" by Gwendoline & Paul Sanders Copyright 1968, Library of Congress call number 68-54660, The Mennonite Press, Newton, KS
Ruby was a small village whose post office was established on May 13, 1902; the postmaster being Leonard K. Belding. Mr. Belding also operated a store and blacksmith shop. There were a few residences in Ruby which was on the Rock Island Railroad. This was a favorite spot for Sunday baseball games. The post office was discontinued in 1904. Very little remains of Ruby. It's location was the east one-half of northwest one-fourth of section 13, township 34, range 8 west.
Click Here for the Town Plat Maps Page
Click Here for Pictures of this Town
Search all of Blue Skyways
Including KS GenWeb Project
Harper County KS GenWeb
Maintained by Harper County Genealogical Society as part of the KSGenWeb Project on Blue Skyways.
Material on this page is the property of the Society and all rights are reserved.
Should you find a link that does not work properly please notify the webmaster.