Harper County

KSGenWeb

Welcome to Harper County KSGenWeb

HOME

INDEX

CONTACTS

RECORDS

TOWNS

CONTRIBUTE

LOOKUPS

LINKS


History of Coleville

The following history was taken from "The Harper County Story" by Gwendoline & Paul Sanders Copyright 1968, Library of Congress call number 68-54660, The Mennonite Press, Newton, KS

Coleville

Coleville was the original name of the town of Danville. Coleville was named for Mrs. E.J. Cole who laid out the town. The town company purchased twelve acres and changed the name of the town to Danville. Several of the early residents had come from Danville, Ohio. A number of the people who settled here were French and of the Roman Catholic faith.

The first postmaster of Coleville was Mrs. J.E. Wilson. The office of Coleville closed January 25, 1882 to become the Danville post office.

Click Here for the Town Plat Maps Page

Click Here for Pictures of this Town


Search all of Blue Skyways
Including KS GenWeb Project

    Blue Skyways  Harper County KS GenWeb KSGenWeb


Maintained by Harper County Genealogical Society as part of the KSGenWeb Project on Blue Skyways.
Material on this page is the property of the Society and all rights are reserved.
Should you find a link that does not work properly  please notify the
webmaster.