Graham County Sections of the
Volume XII, 1912 (Chicago, Ill. : R.L. Polk & Co., 1911)
BOGUE, Population, 150, Formerly known as Fagan, is on the U. P. R. R., in Graham county,
10 miles from Hill City, the county seat. Has a bank, Exp., Am.
Gradan. A country postoffice in Allodium township, Graham county, 22 miles n. w. of Hill City, the county seat and 11 from Morland, its nearest banking and shipping point.
, Population, 983 (U. S. Census, 1910). The judicial seat of Graham county, is advantageously located on the U. P. Ry. and on the Solomon river, 138 miles from HILL CITY . Hill City has 6 churches, excellent public schools, 3 banks, 2 opera houses and 2 weekly newspapers. Its two hotels, the Pomeroy and the De Shoup, located respectively on the north and south side, are up to date, comfortable and well equipped with every accommodation for the comfort of patrons. Salina offers every ad-vantage to the investor of capital seeking a growing town with a tributary territory, having a good rainfall and rich, level land adapted to corn, alfalfa, wheat, stock raising and all kinds of farming. Tel., W. U. Exp., Pacific. Telephone connection. Hill City
E. J. Byerts, postmaster.
AMERICAN STATE BANK (Cap $30,000), D C
Pres, Charles Sperry Vice Pres, I R Mott Cashier. Transacts a General Banking Business, Collections Given Special Attention. Greenwood
Morland, Population, 400, On the U. P. R. R., and on the South Fork of Solomon River, in Solomon township, Graham county, 12 miles w. of Hill City, the county seat. Was formerly known as
. Has Methodist and Presbyterian churches, 2 banks and a newspaper, Exp. Am. Telephone connection. Fremont
Nicodemus, Population, 58. In Nicodemus township,
, 14 miles n. e. of Graham County , the county seat and banking point and 6 from Bogue, its shipping point. Is on the daily mail stage route from Hill City to Bogue. Stockton
Penokee. A country postoffice on the U. P. R. R., in Graham county, 8 miles w. of
, the judicial seat and banking point. Tel., W. W. Exp., Am. Hill City
St. Peter. Population, 150. In Bryant township, Graham county, 25 miles s. w. of
, the judicial seat, and 11 from Morland, its usual banking and shipping point. Mail daily. Hill City
(Compiler's note: Although Studley lies in neighboring
, it sits on the county line and is included in this listing) Sheridan County
Studley. Population, 50. On the U. P. R. R., and on the Solomon river, in Valley township,
county, 16 miles e. of Hoxie, the county seat, and 5 from Moreland [sic!], the nearest banking point. Exp., Am. Sheridan
Transcribed by Bill Sowers
KSGENWEB INTERNET GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY COPYRIGHT NOTICE: In keeping with the KSGenWeb policy of providing free information on the Internet, this data may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format for profit or other gain. Copying of the files within by non-commercial individuals and libraries is encouraged. Any other use, including publication, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission by electronic, mechanical, or other means requires the written approval of the file's author.
Contributed by Bill and Diana Sowers, August, 1999
EMAIL Graham County Coordinator
The KSGenWeb logo was
designed and is copyrighted by
Tom & Carolyn Wardfor the limited use of the KSGenWeb Project.
Permission is granted for use only on an official KSGenWeb page.
The USGenWeb Logo was designed by Linda Cole.
Site Last Updated 11/1/01 10:00:24 PM
all of Blue Skyways
including The KSGenWeb Project