The following information is a list of members of the Hill City Post, No. 41, Grand Army of the Republic, Hill City, Kansas, in 1917. It comes from the book:
Journal of the Thirty-sixth Annual Encampment of the Grand Army of the Republic, Department of Kansas, held at Salina, May 16, 17, 18, 1917, and Roster of Membership.
(Topeka, Kan. : Kansas State Printing Plant, 1917)
Spelling of names and order of members listed here is the same as it appeared in the book. The names did not appear in alphabetical order in the book and have been kept as is. The abbreviations of the different companies, regiments, etc are not always easy to understand. The book is held by the Kansas State Historical Society. More information on the Civil War veterans organization, The Grand Army up of the Republic, can be found at the Grand Army of the Republic Homepage..... a terrific site!
- BYERTS, Edward J. -- E, 194 Pa.
- CRANK, Nathaniel -- H, 4 Mo. Cav.
- FINDLEY, David -- I, 211 Pa.
- FOUNTAIN, S. -- A, 77 N.Y.
- GORDON, James -- E, 13 Kan.
- HARRISON, George -- A, 78 Ill.
- JUSTUS, James -- A, 25 Ohio; F, 128 U.S.C.T.
- KNOX, Thad -- M, 2d Iowa Cav.
- McCLURE, Wm. M. -- K, 2 Mo. Cav.
- PIPES, Abner -- A, 140 Pa.
- SMITH, David M. -- C, 2 Ohio
Graham County GenWeb Index | KSGenWeb | USGenWeb
EMAIL Graham County Coordinator
Gayle M. Garrett ....WaKeeney, KS
The KSGenWeb logo was designed and is copyrighted by
Tom & Carolyn Wardfor the limited use of the KSGenWeb Project.
Permission is granted for use only on an official KSGenWeb page.
The USGenWeb Logo was designed by Linda Cole.
Site Last Updated 11/4/01 5:48:33 PM
Search all of Blue Skyways
including The KSGenWeb Project