Antelope Ridge was formed April 18, 1907, and was perfected May 18, 1907. It is South
of the Smoky Hill River, and the schoolhouse is 4 miles west and 1 mile north
of Grinnell. In 1916, there were 4 school
buildings, and all were 1 school rooms.
In 1929, the estimated value of the school property was $1,000. The
first teacher here was Mattie Fick.
There were a lot of other teachers, but there were 23 teachers in the
school’s 28 years of existence. Antelope
Ridge was disorganized on March 24, 1936.
(Gove Co. Register of Deeds
(Gove Co. History)