Gove County Kansas
The deed (No. 604) shows the purchase of this cemetery was made and filed for record 2 January 1904. It was a plot 20 rods square, covering two and one-half acres and was purchased for $12.50 from Perry F. Edris and Ella H. Edris, husband and wife, of Oskaloosa, Unahaska County, Iowa, to the trustees of the Zion Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Congregation. When it ceased to be used for the purpose of a house of worship of God and cemetery, it would revert to grantors, their heirs and assigns.
In the late 1890's and early 1900's, a group of Norwegians wished to build a church and have a cemetery. No church was ever built, but a few of their people were buried there. Two large granite stones are still in the cemetery.
|Surname||Given Name||Birth Date on Headstone||Death Date on Headstone||Inscription on Headstone|
|Anderson||Martha L.||June 9, 1836||July 11, 1904||Mother. Born in Norway. In Fond Remembrance|
|Anderson||Andrew H.||May 26, 1839||Sept. 13. 1904||Father. Born in Norway. In Fond Remembrance|
|Anderson||Gina C.||Mar. 17, 1868||June 29, 1891||Sister. In Fond Remembrance|
|Steanson||Hannah C.||Dec. 23, 1871||Feb. 26, 1911|
|Steanson||Nels||Mar. 19,1861||Jan. 29,1948|
Last updated 04/25/2005
Home Page for Kansas
Search all of Blue Skyways
The KSGenWeb Project