United States Flag

Ellis County, Kansas
City of Munjor

Kansas Flag

Munjor, named after a German settlement on the Volga River, is located six miles southeast of Hays, was founded in 1876.

The history of Munjor is documented in The Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements of Ellis and Rush Counties, Kansas, August 31, September 1 and 2, 1926, in the Munjor section

The following left Saratov on July 8, 1876:

A colony from Obermunjor, Russia, settled in Munjor in 1875.   Visit the Obermunjor, Russia Homepage

They included:

Jacob Engel
Franz Leiker
Joseph Leiker
Michael Leiker
Peter Leiker
John Berg
Henry Leiker
Konrad Leiker
Nicholas Leiker
Joseph Konrad

A group from Wittman (Solothurn), Russia, included:

John Dechant
John Herl
Henry Miller
Henry Ruder
Catherine Schoemacher (Schumacher)
Stanislaus Ruder
Anton Schoemacher (Schumacher)
Henry Schoemacher (Schumacher)
George Schoemacher (Schumacher)
Joe Schriebvogel

From Mariental, Russia came:  Visit the Mariental, Russia Homepage

Nicholas Eberle
Peter Gross
Mathias Rohr
Peter Rohr

From Schoenchen, Russia came:  Visit the Schoenchen, Russia Homepage

Anton Wasinger
Anton Wasinger Jr.

From Gattung, Russia came:

Anton Schneider
Peter Stecklein

The following left Saratov between September 18 and 30th, 1876:

From Obermonjou:

Anton Befort
Konrad Befort
Michael Graf
Christian Hertel
John Klaus
John Krannawitter
Jacob John Leiker
Jacob Pfannenstiel

The following left Herzog August 8-20, 1877:

From Herzog, Russia:

Anton Denning

From Mariental, Russia:

Adam Ernst
Joseph Gassman
Andrew Korbe
Peter Pfannenstiel

The following left Obermonjou in late July of 1878:

Gerard Befort
Anton Dechant
Carl Dechant
Jacob Engel
Peter Klaus
John Pfannenstiel
Konrad Rupp
John Stecklein
Anton Gabel


Blue Skyways
Home Page for Kansas

Search all of Blue Skyways
including
The KSGenWeb Project

Kansas GenWeb Project U.S. GenWeb Project