United States Flag

Ellis County, Kansas
City of Emmeram

Kansas Flag

Emmeram (originally called Norddorf) was formed in 1898 by the creation of a new parish located 6 miles north of Victoria. In March of 1899, five acres of land were purchased from Adam Windholz and his wife Katharina. The construction of the church began on May 18, 1899. The church was finally dedicated on June 12, 1903.

Norddorf became Emmeram in honor of Fr. Emmeram Kausler, O.F.M. Cap.

The history of Emmeram is documented in The Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements of Ellis and Rush Counties, Kansas, August 31, September 1 and 2, 1926, in the Emmeram section

Families signing the petition for permission to establish the new parish were:

Andrew P. Brungardt
Anton P. Brungardt
B. P. Brungardt
Peter Brungardt
Peter J. Denning
Joseph Denning
Peter J. Dreiling
John Dinkel
Frank Froehlich
Henry Froehlich
John Frank
Alex Herman
Henry Hoff
Andrew Linenberger
Clemens Rohleder
Nick Rohleder
David Toepfer
Albert Weigel
Michael Weigel
Peter P. Weigel
Valentine Weigel
Andrew Windholz
Martin Windholz
Adam Windholz
John Windholz


Blue Skyways
Home Page for Kansas

Search all of Blue Skyways
including
The KSGenWeb Project

Kansas GenWeb Project U.S. GenWeb Project