E. G. BURBANK, proprietor of the Burbank print shop, is a native son of Atchison County. In 1905 Mr. Burbank founded this printing establishment in a very humble way, which within ten years has developed into one of the leading printing plants of eastern Kansas. The phenomenal success of this enterprise is, no doubt, due to the fact that Mr. Burbank was an expert job and edition printer when he embarked in the business for himself. Burbank's print shop catered to high class printing from the start, which has been its specialty and in which it has made a clean record. They do a large amount of high class catalog printing and other high grade work of a kindred nature. They are also well known as book printers and binders and printers of high class stationery. The plant has a floor space, 30x50 feet and is equipped with all modern machinery and methods for up-to-date printing.
When Mr. Burbank started in business for himself he was able to do most of his work alone, but he now has ten people on his payroll and the plant is now one of the most prosperous concerns of Atchison.
E.G. Burbank was born at Muscotah, Kan., January 17, 1881 and is a son of Henry N. and Mina S. (HAZLETT) Burbank. Henry N. Burbank, his father, was a native of Vermont and came to Atchison County with his father, George S. Burbank, in the pioneer days of Atchison County. He died in 1913 and his wife now resides at Billings, Mont. E. G. Burbank was reared in Muscotah and after receiving a high school education began his printing career as "devil" in the office of the "Muscotah Record." Shortly afterwards he entered the office of the "Atchison Globe" and was connected with that paper as a printer for four years, when he organized the plant which now bears his name.
Mr. Burbank was married in 1908 to Miss Millie ANDERSON and they have two children: Millie Ervin born in December 1910 and John Maxwell born in July 1912. Mr. Burbank is of the type of businessmen who are making Atchison the commercial and center that it is. He is a member of Washington Lodge, No. 5, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons and the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks.