ED BERO, JR., the well known in books, periodicals, stationery, sporting goods of all kinds, is located at 107 South Central avenue, Parsons, Kansas. He is a son of Ed Bero, Sr., and a brother-in-law of E. B. Stevens, the well known banker of Parsons. He was born July, 1867, at Omaha, Nebraska.
Ed Bero, Sr., a prominent contractor of Parsons, is a Populist, in politics, and has served in the city council. In 1872, the family moved to Columbus, Kansas, where they remained three or four months, and then located at Parsons, Labette county, where they have since had their home.
Ed Bero, Jr., attended the common schools, and left them at the age of fourteen years, to enter the employ of W. L. Bartlett & Company, as a grocery clerk. He remained with the firm ten years, and then on December 1, 1890, opened his present business. O. H. Stewart was with him for eighteen months as a silent partner, after which Mr. Bero continued the business alone. He has worked up a first class business, and is up to date in every particular. He enjoys a lucrative patronage, and is a favorite dealer with all.
Mr. Bero was united in marriage with Gertrude Barton, a daughter of James Barton, one of the pioneers of the county. His mother still resides on the outskirts of the city, at 3200 Forest avenue. Fraternally, Mr. Bero is a member of the A. 0. U. W.; he is a Democrat, in politics, and in religious views is very liberal. Mrs. Bero is a member of the Fraternal Aid.
Transcribed from History of Labette County, Kansas and its Representative Citizens, ed. & comp. by Hon. Nelson Case. Pub. by Biographical Publishing Co., Chicago, Ill. 1901
Home Page for Kansas
Search all of Blue Skyways
The KSGenWeb Project