The above firm, of which the accompanying cut is the interior, is composed of the brothers, Joseph D. and H.G. Nadeau, who began business in Concordia in August, 1902, or rather succeeded George Mohr, who established the store in the early days of Concordia and remained continuously until 1902. Their stock is clean and well selected and they are receiving what they merit - their share of the trade - for they are energetic and reliable men.
The Nadeaus came to Cloud county in 1885, and located in Lincoln township on a farm, where they lived until 1900. They are originally from Canada. The senior member of the firm, Joseph D., is a man of family - a wife and four children. The Nadeaus are prominent fixtures and rank with the best and most progressive firms in Concordia
Transcribed from E.F. Hollibaugh's Biographical history of Cloud County, Kansas biographies of representative citizens. Illustrated with portraits of prominent people, cuts of homes, stock, etc. [n.p., 1903] 919p. illus., ports. 28 cm.
Home Page for Kansas
Search all of Blue Skyways
The KSGenWeb Project