Pages 536-537, transcribed by Carolyn Ward from History of Butler County, Kansas by Vol. P. Mooney. Standard Publishing Company, Lawrence, Kan.: 1916. ill.; 894 pgs.


  HISTORY OF BUTLER COUNTY 536 cont'd

F. W. Robison, cashier of the Towanda State Bank, is one of the younger members of the banking fraternity of Butler county, whose ability as a financier has won for him just recognition in the banking world. Mr. Robison was born at Pekin, Ill., and is a son of Archie L. and Lida (Richmond) Robison, both natives of Illinois. Archie L. Robison was a son of Frank Robison, a native of Aberdeenshire, Scotland, who first settled in Ohio upon coming to this country. From Ohio he went to Illinois at a very early date, walking the entire distance and settled in Tazewell county, Illinois, and was an early settler in that section.

Archie L. and Lida (Richmond) Robison were married at Delavan, Tazewell county, Illinois, and the following children were born to this union: F. W., the subject of this sketch; Archie L., of Pekin, Ill., who is one of the leading importers and breeders of Percheron horses of the country, and also a very extensive importer and breeder of short horn cattle; Richmond, a prominent farmer and stockman of Delavan, Ill.; Don, a member of the firm of A. L. Robison & Sons, importers and breeders; James L., a member of the firm of A. L. Robison & Sons; Leslie, also a member of A. L. Robison & Sons, and Mary. All the boys attended the Illinois Agricultural College, Champaign, Ill.

F. W. Robison was educated in the high school at Tremont, Ill., where he graduated and afterward completed a course in the Illinois State University at Champaign, where he specialized in agriculture. He then took a business course and after that spent three years in the importing and breeding business in Illinois.

In 1907 Mr. Robison came to Towanda, Kans. and invested in the Towanda State Bank, becoming its cashier, and has held that position to the present time. This bank was originated in 1906 and began business in July of that year. It is one of the substantial institutions of the county and has had a substantial and constantly increasing business since its doors were opened to the public. The bank was organized with a paid up capital of $10,000.00 and has an earned surplus of $10,000.00. The present officers of the bank are: J. C. Kullman, president; A. C. Higgins, vice president; F. W. Robison, secretary and cashier, and its directorate consists of the above named gentlemen and E. A. Shriver and J. C. Robison.

F. W. Robison was united in marriage October 28, 1908, with Leila


  HISTORY OF BUTLER COUNTY 537

M. Harris, of El Dorado, a daughter of C. L. Harris, a prominent attorney of that place and former State senator. Mrs. Robison is a graduate of the El Dorado High School, and also studied language and music at Mannheim, Germany, and later was a student at Monticello Seminary, Godfrey, Ill.

In addition to his interest in the field of banking Mr. Robison is a member of the firm of Girod & Robison, importers and breeders of pure bred and high grade Holstein cattle. Their place is well equipped and especially adapted for their purposes and they usually have on hand about 200 head of cattle.

Since coming to Towanda Mr. Robison has identified himself with the interests of his adopted town and takes a leading part in any movement the object of which is for the betterment of the community, and is one of the progressive young men of Butler county. Mr. Robison owns eighty acres, the south one-half of N. E. quarter section 36, adjoining section 31, on which is located the Wrightman & Foster oil field, and it is in the heart of the oil field, a deep well having been brought in recently, just east of his land, another northeast and a shallow well on the northwest. Mr. Robison bought this land since the oil development began, and it will no doubt be a very profitable investment.


Previous | Main Page | Biography Index | Next


Pages 536-537, transcribed by Carolyn Ward from History of Butler County, Kansas by Vol. P. Mooney. Standard Publishing Company, Lawrence, Kan.: 1916. ill.; 894 pgs.


Tom & Carolyn Ward
Columbus, KS

tcward@columbus-ks.com


Background and KSGenWeb logo were designed and are copyrighted by
Tom & Carolyn Ward
for the limited use of the KSGenWeb Project.
Permission is granted for use only on an official KSGenWeb page.

© 2004 by Tom & Carolyn Ward


Home Page for Kansas
Search all of Blue Skyways
including
The KSGenWeb Project