Page 515, transcribed by Carolyn Ward from History of Butler County, Kansas by Vol. P. Mooney. Standard Publishing Company, Lawrence, Kan.: 1916. ill.; 894 pgs.


  HISTORY OF BUTLER COUNTY 515 cont'd

Dr. M. Corcoran, a leading veterinary surgeon of Butler county, located at Augusta, is a native of Nebraska. He was born in Pawnee county, that State, and is a son of Patrick Corcoran, and his mother bore the maiden name of Kelly, natives of Ireland. They were the parents of four children, as follows: Mrs. Anna Delaney, Wymore, Neb.; Mrs. Mary Culver, Bainville, Kans.; John, Rose Hill, Kans.; and Dr. Corcoran, whose name introduces this review. Dr. Corcoran received a good education in the public schools of Nebraska, staying with a physician, Dr. Cave, now of Wichita, Kans. After completing his preparatory education, Dr. Corcoran entered the St. Joseph Veterinary College at St. Joseph, Mo., where he took a three years' course, and was graduated in the class of 1913 with the degree of Doctor of Veterinary Surgery, and a year later took a post graduate course. During one year of his college course he practiced part of the time in Iowa, and after graduating, came to Rose Hill, Butler county, where he was engaged in the practice about seven months.

In 1911 he located at Augusta and has built up an extensive practice throughout Butler county, and is frequently called for professional services in other parts of the State. Dr. Corcoran is recognized as an unusually skillful veterinary surgeon. He is capable and painstaking and is recognized by other members of his profession as being a close student of the rapidly advancing science of veterinary surgery, and thoroughly posted in the intricate details of his profession.

Dr. Corcoran was united in marriage in 1913 at Wichita, Kans., with Ella Dobbins of Augusta. They have two children, Edward Volney and Helen Margaret. Dr. Corcoran is a member of the Mystic Workers of the World, and one of Augusta's most progressive citizens.


Previous | Main Page | Biography Index | Next


Page 515, transcribed by Carolyn Ward from History of Butler County, Kansas by Vol. P. Mooney. Standard Publishing Company, Lawrence, Kan.: 1916. ill.; 894 pgs.


Tom & Carolyn Ward
Columbus, KS

tcward@columbus-ks.com


Background and KSGenWeb logo were designed and are copyrighted by
Tom & Carolyn Ward
for the limited use of the KSGenWeb Project.
Permission is granted for use only on an official KSGenWeb page.

© 2004 by Tom & Carolyn Ward


Home Page for Kansas
Search all of Blue Skyways
including
The KSGenWeb Project