The Partridge State Bank

THE PARTRIDGE STATE BANK, a banking house of Reno County noted for its substantial resources and the integrity of its managing personnel, was established in 1904 by Mr. A. B. Burk, who continued as its president until succeeded by Mr. Earhart. The bank has always been under a state charter and has enjoyed a most prosperous existence. It is capitalized at $10,000, has surplus and profits of $17,000, and its deposits aggregate $130,000. The bank is situated on Main Street, where it owns its home, erected in 1904, a brick building, the leading business block of the town.

The present officers of the bank are: J. D. Earhart, of Hutchinson, president; J. H. Tharp, of Hutchinson, vice president; J. W. Anderson, of Partridge, cashier; and Miss F. F. Nantz, assistant cashier.


A Standard History of Kansas and Kansans, written & compiled by William E. Connelley, 1918, transcribed by students from USD 508, Baxter Springs Middle School, Baxter Springs, Kansas, May 2, 2000.

[TOC] [Biog. Index] [1918 Index] [KSGenWeb] [Archives]
Tom & Carolyn Ward
Columbus, KS

tcward@columbus-ks.com

Background and KSGenWeb logo were designed and are copyrighted by
Tom & Carolyn Ward
for the limited use of the KSGenWeb Project.
Permission is granted for use only on an official KSGenWeb page.

©2000 by Tom & Carolyn Ward


Home Page for Kansas
Search all of Blue Skyways
including
The KSGenWeb Project