Curtis L. Harris

CURTIS L. HARRIS has been a practicing attorney at El Dorado for the past thirty years and during that time has been identified with the business and political movements which have made Butler County prominent.

Mr. Harris was reared near Alliance, Ohio, at which place he attended school and was graduated in 1883 from Mount Union College. He began the study of law in the office of Hon. David Fording at Alliance, and was admitted to practice in Butler County, Kansas, in 1887, after completing the then usual course in the law office of Judge C. A. Leland, with whom he afterward formed the partnership which continued for eighteen years.

In 1910 Mr. Harris was elected, on the republican ticket, to the State Senate from the Twenty-fifth District. Since the termination of his term of office he has given his entire attention to the practice of law. During his residence in El Dorado he has taken an active part in public affairs, serving as chairman of the County Republican Committee and as member of the City Council and School and Library boards.

In 1885 Mr. Harris was married to Miss Mary L. Miller, of North Benton, Ohio. They have one daughter, now Mrs. Frank W. Robison, of Towanda, Kansas. Mr. Harris' success has been that which comes from adhering to ideals, close attention to business and hard work.


A Standard History of Kansas and Kansans, written and compiled by William E. Connelley, Secretary of the Kansas State Historical Society, Topeka. Chicago: Lewis Publishing Company, copyright 1918; transcribed 1997.
[TOC] [Biog. Index] [1918 Index] [KSGenWeb] [Archives]
Tom & Carolyn Ward
Columbus, KS

tcward@columbus-ks.com

Background and KSGenWeb logo were designed and are copyrighted by
Tom & Carolyn Ward
for the limited use of the KSGenWeb Project.
Permission is granted for use only on an official KSGenWeb page.

©1998 by Tom & Carolyn Ward


Home Page for Kansas
Search all of Blue Skyways
including
The KSGenWeb Project