Kingman County, KS.

 History  of  Eunice


 
      June 24, 1878, a Post Office was established in a dug-out along the Hutchinson-Medicine Lodge Trail. It was on land owned by Mr. and Mrs. Kelly, and it was named for Mrs. Kelly, whose name was Eunice. She was the mother of May (Kelly) Long and Vivian (Kelly) Harner. The land is presently owned by Clarence Belcher. The site was near the present Belcher home in Section 11 of White Township, one and a fourth miles west of Varner. The Post Office closed, May 29, 1881, after a short existence.

Submitted by Vita Henning


Adapted from:
Kingman County, Kansas, And Its People.
(Kingman: Kingman County Historical Society. 1984)
Used by permission
 
September 1, 2001 / John & Susan Howell / Wichita, Kansas / howell@kotn.org

Blue Skyways Visit the Home Page for Kansas
  A service of the Kansas State Library
Kansas on the Net